Major Andrew update as King Charles makes extraordinary move | Royal | News

King Charles will grant police full access to all files about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor that are kept at Buckingham Palace, it has been reported. The 66-year-old was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday, which also happened to be his birthday.

This is due to fears over the chance of a “cover up” of Andrew’s behaviour during his friendship with the late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Following his arrest at his temporary home on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, Andrew was then quizzed at Aylsham police station for 11 hours before being released under investigation. Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing and has not been charged following his arrest.

The police will now have the full cooperation of the palace staff and support of King Charles.

The Observer has reported that police will be able to view all records, emails, and government files relating to his stint as trade envoy.

A royal source told the publication: “We have said we will cooperate fully and wholeheartedly”.

The permission comes after detectives felt that senior palace staff may “were aware of what Andrew was doing and covered it up”.

Following his brother’s arrest earlier this week, King Charles released a statement via Buckingham Palace.

It read: “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.

“In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”

Detectives now have permission to “follow the evidence”, the Observer reports.

Source link