‘Monster’ raped girl, 13, who had been passed ‘from man to man’ since age 11 | UK | News

A “monster” who raped a 13-year-old girl who had been “passed on from one man to another” from the age of 11 in Rotherham has been jailed for 20 years.

Father-of-three Riyasth Hussain, 45, was confronted at Sheffield Crown Court by the woman, now in her 30s, who told him from the witness box: “You didn’t just steal my childhood, you stole the rest of my life.”

The woman, who cannot be named, faced Hussain as she described how she had been abused from the age of 11 by men in Rotherham and outlined how he would rape her “at any opportunity” and then “chuck me away like I was nothing”.

She looked straight at him as he sat in the dock, saying: “When you met me, I was just a fragile, vulnerable little girl who you could easily abuse.

“Today I’m a woman and my only goal is justice. Today I got justice. I’m happy to take you down at last.”

Hussain was sentenced on Thursday for raping the girl and also a woman who was then in her 20s, between 2004 and 2008.

The second woman said in a statement read to the court: “I cannot ever forgive this monster for what he’s done to me.

“I will hate him to the day I die.

“He has completely ruined my life.”

Sentencing Hussain, Judge Sarah Wright told the court she wanted to pay tribute to the courage of the two women.

She told Hussain that the women who was about 13 at the time of the rapes was “passed on from one man to another” to the extent that “she believed this sort of behaviour was normal, and you exploited that”.

The judge said: “Their lives are affected forever.

“The harm you have caused cannot and never will be repaired.”

She said: “For many years they have not been heard. They have had no voice.”

But she added that they have “shown incalculable courage” in making sure their voices have now been heard.

Source link