POLL: Should Meghan Markle visit her father Thomas in the Philippines? | Royal | News

The 81-year-old is said to have passed a major milestone on Friday by attending a Valentine’s Day party at the rehabilitation centre in the Philippines, which is where he is still recovering. Meghan has been estranged from her dad since her wedding in 2018 when he was caught staging paparazzi photos in the run-up to the event.

So what do you think? Vote in our poll and join the debate in the comments section. Can’t see the poll below? Click here.

Speaking to The Mail on Sunday last week, he said: “I am adjusting slowly and doing a lot of physiotherapy. I am feeling very happy and am making good progress. I have a long way to go, but am getting used to my new circumstances.”

The party also marked the first time that Thomas was able to wear “normal” clothes, as he was seen in a picture sporting jeans and a blue top.

It was reported just days after his surgery that Meghan had “no plans” to visit her dad in the Philippines.

Within days of their contact via letter, Thomas is said to have been “confused” over reports that his youngest daughter had tried to contact the hospital.

Speaking about Meghan, Thomas previously said: “Of course I want to speak to her, but I am not sure if these are the right circumstances.”

Having not spoken to Meghan since 2018, Thomas has never met Prince Harry and his grandchildren, Prince Archie, six, and Princess Lilibet, four.

Source link