Thomas Markle issues health update as Meghan refuses to visit father | Royal | News

Thomas Markle has revealed that he is making “good progress” just weeks after having his left leg amputated below the knee. He reportedly passed a major milestone on Friday by attending a Valentine’s Day party at the rehabilitation centre in the Philippines, where he is currently recovering.

The 81-year-old said that he is being “very well taken care of” as he continues his recovery in the hospital. Following his surgery, Meghan Markle is said to have sent her father a letter, but has yet to visit him in person in the Philippines as she has been estranged from him since 2018.

Speaking of the party, Mr Markle said that it was “great fun” to join nurses and fellow patients for a celebratory lunch.

Speaking to The Mail on Sunday last week, he said: “I am adjusting slowly and doing a lot of physiotherapy. I am feeling very happy and am making good progress. I have a long way to go, but am getting used to my new circumstances.”

The party also marked the first time that Thomas was able to wear “normal” clothes, as he was seen in a picture sporting jeans and a blue top.

As well as attending regular physiotherapy sessions, Thomas hopes to eventually get a prosthetic leg.

Ensure our latest royal headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or just add us as Preferred Source in your Google search settings.

The couple cosied up to one another at the Intuit Dome in Inglewood over Valentine’s Day weekend.

Source link